Sunday, May 31, 2009

Woe Is Me!

With all this running, I tend to think that I am fit. This week has been a reality check. On Monday, we went hiking with the Huntsman's to Lower Palisades Lake. It was about 9 miles and was a lovely hike. Not too steep.... but come about Wednesday, I was suffering from a tight muscle in my bum. You know the one that pinches your sciatic nerve when it gets tight. I had to cut down my mileage and even walked with Ron a day because it was hurting too much. But, Tel got me lined out with a deep stretch that did the trick to loosen that up.

Then yesterday I spent the day planting the garden, digging in the flowers, etc. for about 12 hours. Lots of bending and squats. Oh my, I was stiff this morning. Today I was grateful for being able to sit and not have to get up too often.

Moral of the story.... I guess I'm not as fit as I think.

Weekly Total 17.31 Grand Total 423.59

No comments:

Post a Comment