Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dogs

As a child, my brothers, sisters and I were the local paperboys. I remember several times being knocked to the ground by dogs that I was sure were going to eat me. Thankfully I lived through that and actually don't remember even being bitten. However, I continue to have great concern when I see dogs running the streets. On every run, I have an ongoing prayer that all dogs will be leashed, fenced, still asleep or that I become silent and invisible.

On my run yesterday, there were a couple dogs, I think they were gold heelers...they looked like blue heelers only yellow, anyway, they came after me. I turned on them and told them to get back. They slowed down but kept barking and coming towards me. I had to get out my courage and angry Mom voice and run towards them to get them to leave me alone. It took a couple minutes of stand off, stare down and who's toughest to finally win. They went back towards a house behind a fence. Whew! Another successful run. Yeah!!

I'm always grateful for a dog free run and being protected if they are around.

Weekly Total 20.07 Grand Total 255.32

2 comments:

  1. My mom wants a gun for this very purpose. Maybe that's a little overboard, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can run with Chena, she will protect you from other dogs. But I will be sure to keep ours tied up so other people don't have to worry about that.

    ReplyDelete